Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Author Spotlight: Author Mandy Eve-Barnett- Rumble's First Scare


I just love connecting with authors and love discovering their books! Mandy kindly allowed me to spotlight her on my blog and I've had fun getting to know her. Thank you Mandy!

1. Where do you call home?  Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
2. What is the title of your most recent book? Rumble’s First Scare (www.dreamwritepublishing.ca)

3. What's your Genre? No particular one – I have published a children’s book and several pieces in anthologies, websites and newspapers. My current manuscript is a YA fantasy currently in proofreading and I also have two novels under review – one is an alternative future story and the other is based on reincarnation.

4. Plans for a next book? Is this part of a Series? My fantasy will be published as an e-book later this year. The Rython Kingdom.
5. Are you a self published author (Indie) ? No I have a local publisher – Dream Write Publishing (www.dreamwritepublishing.ca)

6. Who's your favorite author? I have lots. Stephen King, Kate Morton, Maeve Binchy, Melissa Marr – as you can see I have lots and an eclectic taste. I think that is why I do not have one particular genre.
7. Your favorite book? Oh that is so hard – I read several over and over but one does stand out – Ferney by James Long as well as all of Stephen King's.

8. What book are you currently reading? The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern, which I have nearly finished and will be followed by The Map of Time by Felix J Palma.
9. A book you would recommend? Ferney, for sure, all the Kate Morton books and all Stephen King’s.
10. How do you pick your books? Whatever strikes a chord when I read the blurb on the back to be honest. If it intrigues me I buy it.

11. Advice for other authors? Write for your own pleasure and not for ideas of best seller lists. Enjoy the process and your writing journey. Find others, who share your passion and grow your writing community for mutual support and encouragement.
12. Do you write under a pen name? Not really, I use my maiden & married name.
13. Where do you write? Mostly at my desk in the living room but I have written in cafes, libraries, sports halls and at friends houses. Anywhere I am allowed really.
14. What do you wear when you write? Now that depends on where I am but if at home comfortable clothes and my trusty cup of tea beside me.

15. Do you have a pet (s)? I have a dog but in the house we also have two kittens, five crested geckos, three leopard geckos and one red eyed crocodile skink! -Wow!
16. Favorite food? Seafood and pasta.
17. If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?  Terry Grant (Mantracker), Stephen King, Viggo Mortensen. - ooh, I love Viggo!

18. Of your characters, which one would you say is most like you and why? There are little pieces of me in several but not one definite ‘that’s me’ character.
19. What made you want to be a writer? I’ve always been creative – trying my hand at painting, drawing, sculpture, sewing, knitting – yes you name it I’ve tried it. But it wasn’t until I immigrated to Canada with a promise to myself to find a creative outlet just for me, did I stumble across a writer’s circle. That moment changed my life considerably. It propelled me on a journey of such passion and fellowship that I will stay until my bones turn to dust.

20. Any weird talent? Not sure if it is weird but I can write spontaneously to create a story from the smallest prompt.
21. A favorite quote? Detail makes the difference between boring and terrific writing. It’s the difference between a pencil sketch and a lush oil painting. As a writer, words are your paint. Use all the colors.-Rhys Alexander

22. What is the one thing you never go without? Tea ( English black tea not the flavored stuff!)
23. Your biggest influence? My dear friend and mentor, Linda J Pedley, who has encouraged, supported and enthused to make me a better writer.
24. Favorite TV show? I don’t watch much TV – I’d rather be writing – but currently I do take time out for Merlin, Heroes and Misfits.
25. A great blog you would like to recommend for others to discover? Just one, wow, that’s difficult. Wildhorse33 or I could be shameless and say mine –  mandyevebarnett.wordpress.com  - there is no shame in that Mandy!

 Connect with Mandy on Twitter
Learn more about her books at - www.dreamwritepublishing.ca
Writer's circle - www.wfscsherwoodpark.com

Thanks for dropping by and do pick up Mandy's adorable book!

3 comments:

  1. It was great fun getting to know Mandy... Never go without Tea...I think I'll brew a cup.
    M.C.V. Egan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by M.C. V. I am a a hot cocoa gal...mint that is:0)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the drop in! Appreciate the feedback :0)

    ReplyDelete